The Department of (PMA) is pleased to announce the 2022 winners of the Heermans-McCalmon Dramatic Writing Competition.
The first-place winners of the Heermans-McCalmon Dramatic Writing Competition are
- (Don't) Tell Danny, a screenplay by Jack Muench '22
- Old Man and Boy, a play by Andrew Vincenzo Lorenzen '22
Winning second place in the competition are
- Smile, a screenplay by Phoebe Irene McKinley '22
- Waiting for The Dog, a play by Emily Park '23
The first-place winner in the Solo Performance category is
- A Letter from a Runaway Lover by Adam Fofana '22
The winners were selected by industry professionals Ellie Foumbi, actor/writer/director "Our Father, the Devil," Christopher Livingston, actor "Mindhunter," and PMA Visiting Assistant Professor Daniel Fermín Pfeffer.
The Heermans-McCalmon Dramatic Writing Competition, which has been around for 70 years, was established at the bequest of Forbes Heermans (class of 1878), in memory of George McCalmon, professor of speech and drama. First-place winners earn cash prizes of $500, and second-place winners receive $250.
Please join us for a public presentation of the first-place winning scripts on Monday, March 28 at 5:00 pm in the SB10 Dance Theatre.