The Department of Performing and Media Arts (PMA) supports PMA majors and minors in the College of Arts and Sciences wishing to explore their interests in a related career field and the development of their skills through a career-related summer internship experience.
- assist students in finding a summer internship opportunity.
- advise students regarding their career interests.
- host campus information sessions at the start of the spring term each year for students to learn about internship opportunities.
- coordinate with Cornell in Hollywood (CiH) to refer students.
- coordinate with A&S Career Services on internships.
- offer academic credit for internships to PMA majors and minors in the College of Arts and Sciences through PMA 4952 Undergraduate Internship.
Secure your own internship:
Many students choose to find internships at their own initiative. Some companies have established internship programs to which students can apply. Cornell Career Services, 103 Barnes Hall, provides resources for students seeking to connect with internship employers. Or students may develop their own internship opportunity through their personal contacts or through their own research.
Students from other college should refer to their specific college internship guidelines.