10 Minute Play Festival
You are here
Call for Submissions
The AGIT Theater Company and Department of Performing and Media Arts invite undergraduate and graduate students to submit 10 Minute Plays. The 2017 festival explores the theme of Unbound. Through Unbound we hope to prompt the submission of plays that consider and probe various boundaries—physical, spatial, temporal, metaphysical. We conceive of this theme broadly and hope it serves as a catalyst, not a constraint. We welcome narrative plays as well as work that experiments with sound, movement, language, and imagery. Selected plays will be developed and produced in the Schwartz Center Black Box in Fall 2017.
Submissions due: March 13, 2017
Send submissions/questions to: email@example.com
Students interested in submitting a play for possible inclusion should see the following guidelines:
- All plays should run approximately ten minutes.
- Plays should be submitted in standard format with a title page listing all contact details.
- Please send as word or PDF attachments.
- Playwrights may submit up to two plays, but we will not select more than one play from each playwright.
- Playwrights should be enrolled at Cornell for the Fall 2017 semester.
- There are no restrictions on topic or form, but plays should address the theme of "unbound."
- Plays with large casts, complex technical requirements, or elaborate sets and costumes will be more difficult to include.
We strongly encourage submissions from traditionally under-represented voices. We aim to feature work by, about, and with under-represented groups, including communities of color, LGBTQQIA+ communities, disability and Deaf communities, and communities of students who may feel they are without regular institutional support.